The trolley vandal St Martins Walk
I saw the CCTV image in the Dorking Advertiser of the yob who was messing around with a trolley in St Martins Walk. The same trolley was found thrown through someones windscreen in St Martins Walk car park the next morning.
Most people in the town read the Dorking Ad, someone must know who he is. Crime of this nature is thankfully fairly low in Dorking car parks and this idiot needs to be caught.


4 Comments:
This sadly was going to happen sooner or later. I walk by the lower level of St. Martin's Walk car park most evenings and 95% of the time, it is occupied by young thugs who are drinking and taking drugs. The noise is unbearable and now there is the added nuisance of cars doing doughnuts, wheel spins etc. in the car park at terrifying speeds. Motorbikes are always racing each other down there as well. I spoke to the police about this problem three years ago and they said they were on top of the situation -- fat chance!! It is little concidence that the lower level of the car park has the highest instances of graffiti in the town centre.
What is even worse, is that the people (who I assume live in the flats) have to pay £200 per annum for the privilege of parking there to Mole Valley District Council. Shame the money raised cannot be spent on cctv, a security guard etc. I agree that this thug needs to be caught ASAP and the full weight of the law must come down on this individual. It is no laughing matter and if caught, an example should be made of him by the Surrey Police, so there is no reoccurances of this anti-social thuggery. We can live in hope....
Spoke to a councillor on the High Street on Saturday afternoon who was carrying out a survey on behalf of Dorking healthcheck. Questions that were asked to me were -- what do you like/dislike about Dorking, issues concerning Dorking etc. I mentioned that I noticed a steady increase in anti-social behaviour, gangs congregating in the Meadowbank, St. Martins Walk (lower level) car park, underage drinking, drug taking and the complete disappearence of the Surrey Police at crucial times etc. All she could say to me is 'that Surrey is the safest place to live in and crime is very low compared to the national average.'
Is anyone else convinced by that?? I am not. It is getting harder and harder to report a crime. A few weeks ago, I tried to report some damage to my property in Dorking. I called the police. I got through to the call centre at Mounte Browne (Guildford). I was hold for fifteen minutes and when I got through, I got transferred five times to different departments. After another twenty minutes, I was told a police officer would call back later on in the day and arrange to see the damage. Sadly, I have heard nothing since. Went to the police station in Dorking a week ago only to be told (after waiting fifteen minutes) that Mounte Browne has NO record of my call. In other words, the call to Mounte Browne 0845 etc. (which costs 10p per minute) was absolutely useless. I am fuming. So, in other words, the reason that Surrey is the safest county is that most people cannot be bothered to report an offence, as nothing is investigated or noted down.
As for the s**thead who damaged the car in St. Martins Walk, I bet that they won't catch the culprit. Sadly and it is probably true that the case is already closed due to insufficient evidence and poor quality of the CCTV camera. Disgraceful!!!
Stories like that are bound to happen to test your anger levels. Unfortunately the police are to interested in the wrong type of crime. There was an incident in the town on sat. where a chinese man was arrested for selling pirate dvd's it caused quite a stir around woolworths. While i am not condoning pirate videos i do beilieve this is not the most serious of crimes and if the amount of man hours that is put into arresting, taking statements, court appearances, community service supervision was spent investigating crime that affects local individual people perhaps we all would benefit
** STOP PRESS **
A 17 year old from Dorking has turned himself into the police station at Moores Road, according to this weeks Dorking Advertiser. He will be charged. Hopefully, this idiot will be named and shamed, fined a substantial amount of money and be given some highly visibile community service order (ie. removing graffiti, picking up litter etc.) or, will that infringe his human rights???
Post a Comment
<< Home