The new WH Smiths
I have spoken to a few people about the new WH Smith and there seems to be general disappointment about whether or not it is any improvement over the last store. Sure, it looks better and there are more tills etc, but does it offer more choice. It somehow feels quite small - many people suprised that the upstairs is only being used as storage.
I peered into the old WH Smith and it looks depressing and tired. I wonder what eventually will go in there - it is a key unit in the town being right next the traffic lights.


1 Comments:
WHSmiths is extemely disappointing. The new lighting, flooring does not mask the fact that it is smaller in size, is difficult to get around and that it is very cluttered. I have heard that the three shops (the former WHSmith, Cancer Research UK and Halfords) will be converted into two shops. Halfords will be staying put. It is anybody's guess, when this project will get off the ground and when it will be completed. So, I guess in the short term, this will remain a bit of an eyesore and the building above will continue to look really rundown. A real shame as it is in the centre of the town.
Post a Comment
<< Home