The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Gusto now open (where Seven used to be)

With Gusto now open it would be interesting to hear any comments on what it is like.

With so many Italian Restaurants existing (and recently closed) in Dorking it would have to be something a bit special to compete with those in better locations in the town. I hope it does well though.

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any reviews of this 'new' restaurant???? I am going to give it a try tonight (Monday). Have not checked the menu but I assume, it will be very much the same as Viva. Hopefully, it won't be too expensive, as my credit card is almost on its last legs....

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

from what i undrestand this restaurant is owned by the people that used to own da peppino , a very tall, very charismatic italian guy, he is a cool guy so hopefully this place should be a success

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never made it to Gusto on Monday night. As I parked in the car park on West Street, instead I opted for Pizza Express. After the meal at Pizza Express, I walked down to Gusto to look at the menu. It was 7pm and the place was buzzing. The manager walked outside to greet me, hand me a menu and a business card. A really nice and friendly man who is trying very hard to make this place a huge success. It is, the same guy who used to run Da Peppino - charming, witty and a great host.

The menu is very good value and is quite varied. Starters range from soup - £2.55, garlic bread - £1.75 to calmari - £3.95. Main courses include pastas from £3.95, pizzas from £3.99, chicken, sirloin steak and italian burger dishes. There are also salads (mixed, chicken, vegetarian etc.)

It will certainly give Caffe Immo and Viva a run for their money. Viva on West Street, started off well when it opened but, I have been recently and it was very disappointing. It lacked atmosphere and the food was average, at best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home