WH Smith - How disappointing!
After reading a visitor post on here I must say how disappointed I am about the relocation of WH Smith. I thought it would be such an opportunity and improvement for the town. This store has always been one of the most memorable (largely because of its location) shops in the town. Now we hear that the new store would actually be smaller and the upstairs would only be used as a store room. What a missed opportunity! I imagine most people thought that it would be a two storey shop as I remember the upstairs of Choices was quite substantial.
If this is true, I don't know what to say...


2 Comments:
The upstairs would be unable to form part of WHSmith's as there is no access for the disabled and goes against current legislation. Shame it will be smaller than their current store and I bet that the rent is much higher than they are paying at the moment! At least, they are staying put in Dorking. By the way, has anybody been to the new coffee shop (The Coffee Zone) yet?? I drove by it this morning and it looks pretty nice. It seems to be quite bright and airy.It is definitely not in the same mould as Starbucks, Caffe Nero etc. Although, it is quite similar in layout to a Greggs or a Benjys!
Yes, I now agree - it will be better than the current WH Smiths. It is good they are staying in the town and it will be a positive move.
That unit at last is getting something that everyone can use.
Post a Comment
<< Home