Subway - open in three weeks!
If rumours are true then Subway might be opening in around three weeks. This would be a good thing as not many shops would survive in that area of the town.
I know that the Subway in Leatherhead is very popular, especially with office workers as the chain offers healthier lunches at great prices.
Try the Chicken Teriyaki - toasted - not the healthiest option on the menu but tastes great.
Visit the Subway website here


5 Comments:
I have heard that one or two of the sandwich shops are up for sale in Dorking High Street. Once, Subway opens up, it will be easy to see which ones are struggling and will give way to the competition.
I am not a big fan of Subway. Yes, they are cheap, but to me, everything tastes the same (ie. turkey, ham, the subs etc.) and it is definitely not a healthy option when the meal deal includes crisps or a chocolate chip cookie. Can see this place being a major hangout for the school kids and unfortunately, the increasing amount of chavs!!! I have heard Subway could be open by this time next week.
Forgot to mention, I hope that it will be better that its predecessor -- Brown's Cafe. Is their website still up and running?? Brown's will go down in history as one of the worst places ever to open up in Dorking. Shocking service, overpriced, small portions, tasteless food etc. Hopefully, Subway won't have taken any advice from the two miserable ladies who ran Brown's into the ground.
WOW! I have to say i am really looking forward to Subway opening, it looks great. I too am not a fan of this sandwich bar chain but really who are we, in Dorking!! to be moaning. Lets all give it full support and welcome the new shop.
Talking of food shops the empty restaurant at the end of the town, the longest empty shop in dorking, i believe i saw a board inside saying it has been let !!!
Subway is coming on nicely and looks like it will be open in the next couple of days. It will be very interesting to see what it does to the Wimpy, the kebab shop and the sandwich shops like Doorstep, Watsons etc.
Opens next week - not too sure if it is next Wednesday or Thursday (Sept 27 or 28) at 9AM. They also have a offer, the day before it opens from 4 to 6pm: of a free sub, drink and a packet of crisps to every customer. See the board outside Subway for further details.
Post a Comment
<< Home