The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Star Pub, West Street

I went out on Saturday night. I visited The Star in West Street and they must have some sort of drain problem. Inside the pub it was so stuffy and there was also this strong odour of drains or toilets, not at all pleasant. They had a band on and the pub was packed, it had a good atmosphere but the smell was just too much. I must say that I have noticed this smell a couple of times when I have sat outside the pub in the summer.

We ended up going back to the Kings Arms which seems to have had a resurgence in recent weeks. The Old House also looked better than it has done recently although there was a queue at 12.30am. What are these people thinking?

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably all they need to do is put a bucket of water down each drain occasionally to refill the 'S' bend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home