The Old House on Saturday night
I have decided to give the Old House a miss over the next few weeks. I went in there on Saturday night and it had a terrible atmosphere. Looking around there seemed to be a genuine feeling of 'roughness' and overall it looked really messy towards the end of the evening.
On the other hand the Kings Arms was a definite improvement on previous weeks, a relaxed atmosphere and good background music. All they need to do now is sort out the quality of the beer.


1 Comments:
On a previous posting, I stated I felt a little uneasy in there as I was the one wearing a suit. I felt I was entering a members only club as a lot of the clientale were leering at me. Imagine if I was a lone female - it would be very, very scary place to go to! This is totally unacceptable. If the Old House wants to continue with the same atmosphere it may as well revert to an members club, or a gentlemens club like the RAC in Epsom! There are much better pubs in Dorking with a real mix of people (ie. young and old, male and female) like The Kings Arms, The Star, The Pilgrim etc.
Post a Comment
<< Home