The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Monday, February 27, 2006

New cycle shop, West Street

Maybe it's the location but the new Cycle shop in West Street almost seems as if it has appeared overnight. It is quite large and seems to specialise in higher-end Mountain Bikes. Dorking is surrounded by countryside which is superb for Mountain Biking, but it will be interesting to see how this shop performs as their prices are mostly out of the budget of the amateur.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are making a huge mistake by just catering to the mountain bike market! I agree that there should be a range of bikes ranging from the amateur to the pro. Also, it would make a lot of sense if they had different price points as, not everyone can pay £500+ for a bike. Am I the only one, who is wondering about the lack of security in this new shop?? They have two huge front windows, expensive stock and are situated near a couple of pubs. Surely, this type of shop should have security grills (like SC Fuller's on South Street) to combat smashed windows, theft of stock etc. Before I go, I would like to wish the 'Head For The Hills' shop the very best of luck in their new venture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home