The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

M&S Selling Newspapers

Today I noticed that M&S Dorking are selling Newspapers, in the top floor of the store!

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why on earth are M&S now selling newspapers??? There are plenty of retailers selling newspapers - the two petrol stations, Forbuoys, Wellers, WHSmith, Sainsburys and Bradshaws. It is absolutely ridiculous! I prefer to buy my newspapers, sweets, magazines and the odd lottery ticket, from Wellers on the High Street. The staff are very friendly and the service is top notch. It seems that big business (Sainsburys & M&S) are intending to screw over the humble corner shop, big time!!

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I also forgot Woolworths and the shop adjacent to Dorking (mainline) Station. There are also quite a few newagents on the outskirts of Dorking. How long before Waitrose gets in on the act of selling newspapers / magazines as well??

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger The Cockerel said...

I do tend to buy papers etc from Wellers, WHSmith or from the Newsagents up South Street and it does somehow feel better buying them from the smaller trader.

I expect Waitrose will be next. I did pop into M&S in Epsom today and they now have a large rack of magazines and papers. Thinking about it, it is the only non-M&S product they sell.

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait till Sainsburys get their superstore in St. Martins Walk!! They will have a bigger and better selection than ever before. I guess they will also have a chemist, florist, sell DVD's and CD's, sell TV's, radio, DVD players and have a Starbucks to top it all off! I cannot wait to see the demise of Wellers, Woodcocks, Dorking Flowers, Clears and Music 4 U (Not!) We must not let Dorking turn into a soulless and non descript place like Crawley, Guildford, Kingston and even Horsham!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home