The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Millets, High Street

A couple of people have said to me that it looks like Millets has closed down. I must say that it does look like it at the moment. However when I walked past the other week I noticed that there was a sign stating that it was only closing down for refurbishment and it will re-open soon.

This is a relief as imagine another long term establishment disappearing. Mays garage is bad enough. There will be more on that soon.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for that! I tried in vain phoning Millets last Tuesday & Wednesday, to see the availability of some of their stock. I must have called their number at least twenty times and it just rang and rang. There was NO answerphone stating, they were closed for refurbishment and that there alternative stores in Surrey were..... So, I decided to pop into the store and low and behold it was all boarded up and it looked like it has closed down for good. There were also NO signs / placards stating it was being refurbished and when it will re-open again. Talk about great customer service! Many thanks for clearing this matter up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home