Scribbles opening in St Martins Walk
A new office stationery shop called Scribbles is opening at the bottom of St Martins Walk. That unit has in the past been filled by countless different retailers. There was even a computer repair shop there once and that soon disappeared.
I saw some work being done in Halfords today - something needs to be done soon. That area of the town just looks depressing.


4 Comments:
I do feel like the town has it's fair share of stationers!! They're gonna have to be pretty impressive to manage down there.
Wow....the new stationery shop will set St. Martins Walk alight (not!) I bet this new shop has entered into a short term lease (ie. six months at most) and will be gone by early 2007. How will this shop survive against the competition? Don't these shops do their homework before they open up a premises? Sadly, I cannot see this shop surviving and bringing the mass hordes of people into Dorking town centre let alone St. Martins Walk. I would love to be proved wrong but even the likes of The Body Shop, The Officers Club and Cook are all struggling big time and that does bode well for the likes of Oxygen, Vandevi and The Fairy Kingdom.
I went in there on Wednesday this week after some bloke gave me a 20% off card. I trotted off down there with my double buggy only to find some old bloke sweeping the floor and a stock smaller than I keep in my home office. About a 0% chance of survival I would guess. Rowes is great, Surrey bookstore is pretty good. This place was cr*p! I ended up having to push my double buggy all the way back up to Woolworths which wasnt actually that much better.
I popped into Scribbles last week looking for some kiddy paint. A totally underwhelming experience - I've got more stationery in my pencil case than was stocked in this shop.
Post a Comment
<< Home