Local Elections - Its too nice for politics!
The polls have just closed at the Local Council Elections. I always do vote, but I wonder if this beautiful weather has managed to increase overall turnout. Hmmm, I doubt it. It seems that quite a large number of younger people do not seem to bother. The overall turnout of people making the effort to vote does, at least remain consistent - at around 40% for Local Elections
I received Election campaign material on only two candidates (Lib Dem and Conservative) out of 4 possible. Mind you in Mole Valley any effort by other parties seems futile.
Did you know? Since 1979 Mole Valley has only once deviated from No Overall Control and that was in 1980 when the Independent Party took a majority.


1 Comments:
According to the ITN News or London Today, the Conservatives have won back Mole Valley. They won an additional three seats at the expense of an Independent and Liberal Democrat's. Surprisingly, Crawley has shifted towards the Conservatives as well. I was hoping that The Green Party would make more of an impact locally within Mole Valley, with their anti-Sainsbury's superstore and environmental record. I bet the turnout was poor though and hopefully, the councillors will do more to make Mole Valley a better place to live ie. protect the Green Belt, build more affordable housing, open new youth facilites for the youngsters of Dorking & the villages, continue to work with elderly etc.
Post a Comment
<< Home