The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Julian Graves, St Martins Walk

I was quite suprised when I looked at the shop that is opening where 'Also Saffron' was called Julian Graves, which is a specialist 'Nut' retailer. Interesting...

I wish them the best of luck. They are obviously a large chain with a good reputation. It will be interesting to see how this shop performs in Dorking.

Their website can be visited at www.juliangraves.com

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been to a few of the Julian Graves shops and I have found them to be very knowledgeable and highly professional. The only thing that worries me is that Holland and Barrett and Aromantica might suffer from their competition. Sadly, although there have been a few shops opening in St. Martin's Walk (SMW), there are quite a few units waiting for the leases to expire, to pull out! A lot of the people who manage the shops in SMW, feel alienated and get no support from Dorking Town Centre Management. Also the guy who runs SMW, is a waste of space, does not answer any of their concerns, is not there on a daily basis and is just interested in increasing the service charge, year on year!!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nuts! form a staple part of someones diet on the continent, it is usual to find someone in a continental market selling an array of different kinds of nuts especially in middle eastern countries, with so many people migrating to the UK at the moment it is typical to see shops servicing the desires of foreign nationalities, however I know that the selection will not be the same as what is available on the continent also for sure the prices will be highly inflated taking away the continental approach to retailing

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This unit is coming on nicely. The people who are working on this particular are wasting no time and it looks that this unit could be open by early next week! Good luck to Julian Graves, I hope it will stick around and encourage more shops to open up in St Martins Walk and Dorking in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home