The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vision Express, Taking Shape

The shopfront sign for Vision Express was being installed today. I walked past earlier in the week and the Batemans Optician sign had been taken down exposing a blast from the past - Dominoes.

Does anyone remember that shop? It existed sometime in the 1980's and was a sort of gift shop, from what I remember and lasted for longer than many do now.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Vision Express have taken over the remaining Batemans opticians. In this prime bit of the High Street, there is an overbundance of opticians, charity shops, cafes, coffee shops and mobile phone shops. Is it little wonder why people have decided to do their shopping elsewhere. It is so predictable and boring. Sorry, but I don't know the shop that existed before - Dominoes. There is one further down the town that sells pizza for delivery!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the revamp? I not seen not even a soul in Batemans. Will a revamped Vision express bring the droves of people into Dorking?...Hm:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home