The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shoerite - Opposite Sainsbury's

Whilst the inside of the shop seems to look fine, I agree with some of the comments posted on here that the Shoerite shopfront is going to look rather downmarket and tacky.

Why do people, when setting up a shop, skimp on the look and identity of the place? It looks decidedly basic and dated. Even before it has begun trading I fear the worst. Having said that it might actually do well, which would be fine. I suppose it is better than some overpriced niche shop selling shoes no-one can afford.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have another shop in Godalming. When I went to visit the town, I walked by Shoerite and it seemed to be doing a brisk trade. It is due to open up in Dorking week commencing 20th October. Let us give this shop a chance before writing it off. I agree that the signage is tacky and dated and I even hate the name which is very American - ShoeRITE.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opens on Monday - I cannot contain my excitment. Will there be a ribbon cutting ceromony, will they roll out the red carpet? Like hell they will...

^Daniel the Dork^

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well? what happened?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home