The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Astronomia - The owner responds

I just thought I would highlight the fact that a couple of new posts have appeared on here regarding the newly opened Astronomia, the astronomy shop which has opened in the High Street.

One is particularly interesting as it is from Neil Phillipson, the owner of the shop. In his post he briefly explains how the shop came about, the business reasons behind it and how it will benefit the town. I must say that it makes a welcome change from another charity shop or an estate agent.

As I said before, I really hope it does well and I feel people will travel from miles around for a shop like this. Thanks for your post Neil, I hope your new venture is successful.

View the post here>>

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please read my newest post on the reasons why I love Dorking so much. It is at the bottom of the post in which the owner of Astronomia responds. Apologies in advance, I think I might have spelt the name of the newly opened shop wrong. Any comments about my most recent post would be very welcome.

Leatherhead Lip

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done to Leatherhead Lip on the comment on the previous page stating what makes Dorking so special. It must be the comment of the year! I mean it, I am not being sarcastic. It is a crying shame, that Leatherhead Lip does not live in Dorking, as the town is crying out for this type of person. A person who sees the positives of Dorking, sees the importance of specialist independent retailers and puts forward some very straightforward recommendations for Dorking. Leatherhead Lip - how about running as a local councillor for Dorking, working for town centre management, Mole Valley District Council, or taking over the poisin chalice of St Martin's Walk? So, to the Cockerel @ The Dorking Blog, please could you post Leatherhead Lip's wonderful and relevant comment on a separate page. I would really appreciate it.;)

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear. Nice to see a very positive piece about Dorking. This blog unfortunately tends to focus on the negatives of the town and it was refreshing to read your post. Jo

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzz...I cannot wait to buy my top of the range telescope...hold on I might get nicked by the cops for peering at the lovely lady who lives across the road from me...Dorking RIP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home