The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines day - set menu

I saw that the numerous restaurants in Dorking were decked up to the full for Valentines Day evening. Did anyone go out in the town?

Usually prices are hiked and set menus are the choice, although I am not against people going out and enjoying the evening, I have done it myself. I would love to hear any views.

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stayed in and drowned more sorrows in the local pub. Found it quite amusing, that numerous people choose to go out and faced getting ripped off by going out for a meal, buying a dozen red roses etc. It would be a much better bet, to go out the following night (ie. Friday) go for a decent meal and have a few drinks. Especially, as most people do not have to get up the following morning (ie. Saturday). It also works out to be a lot cheaper and there are not loads of couples staring into each others eyes with not a hint of a conversation. Call me a cynic but, Valentines is another Hallmark holiday. Next Hallmark holiday coming up is St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mothers Day etc. zzzzzzzz

Dorking Dan

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

single then Dan?

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Dorking Dan, drowning his sorrows at the local. It is little wonder why you are single if you start complaining about trivial things like the new version of the Dorking Advertiser, valentines day, fag butts on the pavement etc.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly yes! I still cannot quite figure out Valentines. A lot of people just go out to be seen as a loving couple for a meal etc. They get flowers, pay over the odds for meals out and end the night, by arguing and insulting each other. I would much rather go out when it is much less crowded and when there is a more varied mix of people at the restaurant. Sorry to harp on about in a negative manner about Valentines.

DORKING Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home