The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Dorking Blog - maybe on Facebook

I have been considering this for sometime, but now a visitor has requested it I will promise to have a look at sort it out so that we can hopefully further boost our visitor, and contributor numbers.

Visitor numbers to the Dorking Blog has definitely increased in the last 6 months and there is a constant stream of great contributor comments appearing all the time.

6 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a good idea...it's really easy too!

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not convinced by the facebook phenomenon. I guess if you want to get more contributors, comments, posts etc. that is fine. However, there are quite a few things that bother me about facebook. I would worry that we might much more get obnoxious posts, comments from some of the younger generation. Also some of our contributors might be forced to abandon the blog, as some workplaces tend to take a very dim view of facebook. I would not be able to view it from work and I would also be worried if some of my views, comments etc. were traced by someone in town centre management, the council etc. Well, that is my view - NO to facebook and please keep the blog news and view coming!

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the younger generation..?? obnoxious posts..?? To the previous poster, get yer head out yer arse and realise that it's not just old gits like you that are entitled to have opinions!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Nilxs said...

Annonymous, what are you doing reading and replying to blogs like this when you should be working? No wonder the country's going down the pan with skiving bastards like you ripping off their employers.

By-the-way, your grammar is appalling, where on earth did you go to school.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Facebook quite regularly to keep in touch with old friends. I like it a lot but Im not sure how the Dorking Blog would translate. I also have a google blog (not as good as this one!) which seems to give much better scope for detailed postings and structured content.

Good luck Cockeral with whatever you decide. I like coming on this blog so I will stick with you if you move to Facebook.

Dorking Chick.

PS. I would always welcome comments from the younger generation!!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger The Cockerel said...

Thanks Dorking Chick

If I get round putting a presence of the blog on Facebook it will only be in addition to this blog.

Basically this blog will remain as it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home