Mole Valley Council House Sale
I said it on here ages ago. The sale of the council housing stock by Mole Valley seems ridiculous. This weeks Dorking Advertiser now reports that it works out that each house was sold for an average of only £8,000 per property! Yes the private company, which is a housing trust, is taking it over and will have to invest millions but they will also be taking and dictating the future rental values. .From what I have heard the whole campaign to get the tenants to agree to the sale was sold in a totally biased way by the Council, basically leaving them no option but to sign. I really don't think that things will improve for council house tenants. Obviously if things go wrong then then Mole Valley District Council can just put the blame back to the tenants. It seems a cynical view but it just doesn't seem right. Have all the facts and implications been explained. According to Mole Valley this is the best thing that has happened. I am not so sure.
On another note - I know a couple of people who in the past have bought their council houses under the right-to-buy scheme for equally absurd amounts - one guy only paying about £12,000 cash, then renting it out for £700pcm to fund a life in another country. This country is mad!
Council housing should be only for people that genuinely need it. It should not be there as an option to make a future profit.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home