The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Interesting visitor post on the Dorking Blog

'Clare' has submitted this question to the Dorking Blog. I have posted it on here to bring it to the front as it was on an older post on here (June 19th 2006). Any comments welcome.

"Does anyone have any opinion on provision for teenagers in Dorking.
I'm about to move to the town and have been searching the web for local info and have noticed a lot of complaints by adults about the behaviour of teenagers and young adults, often mentioning boredom as a factor. So I was wondering if there was actually anything for them to do in the evenings? If so what... and if not, what would people like to see?"

My initial view on this is that Dorking is a small town in which the activities for young people can sometimes be slightly limited. There is no all encompassing sports facility and no multiplex cinema. Though in recent years the town has improved greatly in this area. We now have improved sports facilities and a good Cinema which is housed within the Dorking Halls. I suppose it all depends on what younger individuals want. I mean Dorking is surrounded by beautiful countryside and has some great open spaces within the town. It is relatively lively in the evenings but is also safe. Some people might find it sleepy - depends where you are coming from really.

Alternatively you can read and reply directly to the actual post here >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home