TV Star Priest - moving to Dorking
A woman priest who starred in the BBC TV series Seaside Parish, is to leave Cornwall after four and a half years and move to Dorking.Reverend Christine Musser, 50, was watched by more than 3m viewers in the series about her job. She is joining her husband who has secured a job as Head of Music at the Priory School in Dorking.
Read more on the BBC Website


5 Comments:
dunno if anyone has noticed dorking cock, it has been attacked by another giant bird flying overhead and been shat on. see it quick b4 mole valley clean it off!!
Very humourous -- why, don't you grow up!! My bet, is the council tax payers will have to foot the bill for clearing up of the 'pink' paint on the Cockerel. The eggs, the learner plate were humourous but throwing paint at the cockerel, is simply juvenile and is nothing more than vandalism. I bet the person who carried out did it at night so, he or she would not be identified.
The same applies to the moron who torched the speed camera at the Mickleham Bends late last week. Whilst, I would be first to agree that speed cameras do NOT work as it simply slows down traffic for a split second before it speeds up again and it does NOT deter drunk driving, tailgating, aggressive driving etc., it has cut down on the number of accidents on the Bends. Again, I simply put down to boredom and it is again nothing more than juvenile vandalism!
A few things before I go and enjoy the sunny summer like weather, has anyone noticed the suicidal tendancies of the cyclists in the town centre. I often see them cycling on the pavements, riding the wrong way down Junction Road, West Street and South Street. It makes you wonder, why the damn green cyclist lanes were installed at all?? Also, when are the traffic lights going to be installed / operational at Pump Corner and the London Road / High Street junction?? I have heard a rumour (I hope it is a rumour!) that the roads will have to dug up again as the electricity ducts beneath the road were installed in a haphazard way. If this is the case, Surrey County Council, shoud sue the contractor immediately!!
DORKING Dan
Typically, the Dorking Advertiser thought it was quite funny. Yes... the Cockerel was quite a sight to be seen - splattered in pink paint! More of the council tax payers money will be needed to get the contractors out to get rid of the paint. Thanks to the idiot who thought this was a bit of a laugh - if this continues, I guess our council tax will hit record levels next year and their will be more cutbacks in our elderly provisions and infrastructure.
I have to disagree that the Advertiser thought it was funny. I think its exact words were "beyond a joke" in the first paragraph of the story.
To be honest, i think it is quite funny, i'm not happy that the tax payer has to pay for it, but it just shows you the contempt people have for the stupid statue.
Post a Comment
<< Home