Sunday shopping in Dorking - Christmas Eve
For last minute things to buy on Christmas Eve I thoroughly recommend a leisurely trip down into Dorking Town Centre. Surely you only have smaller gifts to buy now and what's the point of queueing at Guildford or Kingston for them.
Last weekend all the shops were open in Dorking and it was really easy to park, no queues and relatively empty streets when compared with the bigger towns.


2 Comments:
I will go down to Dorking on Christmas Eve to do my last minute shopping!! Why queue for the non-existent parking, fight the crowds in the indoor shopping centres and get lost amongst the throngs of people in the bigger town centres. As it has been pointed out numerous times before, Dorking has a great deal to offer in terms of shopping and generally, you will find most of the stuff you require for the Christmas. The only thing Dorking lacks is a good all round 'toy shop.'
I have heard amongst the retailers in town, that it has been a very slow build up to Christmas in terms of shopping. I guess of a lot of people have decided to go on the internet and search for bargains or they might have ventured over to the States because of $2 / £1 exchange rate!
Any sales in Dorking?? I doubt it there is only retirement sales (a.k.a. Gallery 238) and closing down sales. Dorking desperately needs a department store to pull the people in. Reigate, Farnham have their places and all we have to show for it is a shoddy M&S.
Post a Comment
<< Home