The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Halfords returning

Is Halfords is returning? I heard that they had put in some form of Planning Application for the site that they previously occupied. I know that the shops departure was said to be temporary, but this is good news.

I could be totally wrong here or a bit behind the times but I thought it worth a mention.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a while back that Halfords were going to turn the three retail units into one. In my opinion, I really don't think that this bodes well for Dorking. A large shop selling bicycles, equipment for cars etc. will ultimately drive the smaller shops into oblivion. And, where will this stop?? We need the independent shops much more than the faceless, corporate mentality of the big boys'!

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noticed when I drove by today (Saturday) afternoon that work is continuing on the former Halfords / charity shop / WHSmith unit. I don't know what the time scale is but, it is a long way off from completion.

Cannot wait to see this job completed as, it has created a huge void on the High Street. With the Christmas lights due to come down and the downright depressing weather (ie. torrential rain, flooding etc.), I could not face shopping in Dorking this afternoon and opted to hit a few pubs instead!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home