The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Last weekend in Dorking

Well Saturday night was my first experience of the extended opening of pubs.

A few of us went out and did actually pace ourselves for the majority of the evening. The Star had a great relaxed atmosphere with fantastic chilled out music. At around 11.10 we popped our heads into the Kings Arms and all the lights around the bar were off. I couldn't believe it had served last orders - suffice to say it was dead!

We then had no choice but to go across the road and give the Old House a go - it was packed. It was actually really good, very lively with a sort of disco set up at the end. Luckily I managed to get a seat and had a couple of pints. Met some girls who were pretty pissed but great fun, left at about 1.00am - I could drink no more - and the place was still heaving (it closes at 2.00am). Great night, shame about the Kings though.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home