The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Opposition to late licensing

I cannot believe there was a last minute motion put forward by the Conservative Party which sought to delay the new licensing legislation. It was stated that more time was needed to consider the implications and carry out studies.

My God, the first I heard about of plans to extend the hours of pubs and bars was back in 1994! How long does it take to think about it? Why should England be different from the rest of Europe? Binge drinking? Well I firmly believe that binge drinking is primarily caused by the ridiculous licensing hours which have existed here for years.

Honestly, a year on it will be normal. As I said in a previous post - people only have so much time and money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home