The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dorking Football Club, secured future

It has been posted on here that Mole Valley District Council has reported on its website that Dorking Football Club has been granted a new 15 year lease on their ground in the Meadowbank.

This has ended much uncertainty surrounding the future of the club.

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news that Dorking FC has managed to secure a new lease from their landlord - Mole Valley DC. I am hoping that this will end the speculation that Sainsbury's/Thornfield were going to buy the ground and develop it into a car park or put an access road through it. Although, the ground is looking very tired and needs renovation, Dorking FC is an asset to the community and is an outlet for my young boys to go with their father to watch a competitive football match. I just wished more people went along to support their local football club rather than sitting in front of the television following Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd., Liverpool etc. etc. Jo

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorking has a football club --- pah!! I have seen better football at the local primary school. 6 pounds for an adult is a joke. It is little wonder why they rarely get a crowd of over twenty people. As for the ground, knock it down!! Merge Dorking with Leatherhead FC and turn the ground into a fitness centre or something. As for the post above taking a dig at people who watch SKY Sports, I do. Carefree whereever you may be, we are the famous CFC....
Chelsea (yes I do live in Dorking) Chris.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home