The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Marks & Spencer, Dorking open on Sunday's

I noticed that Marks & Spencer in Dorking is now open on Sunday's. Much quicker than the Sainsbury's jostle'n'queue for basic essentials. It is a much more refined way to shop. Fantastic parking on Sunday's too!

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree that Mark & Spencers is much more relaxed and worthwhile shopping experience. The same can be said for Waitrose. The staff in M&S and Waitrose and generally more approachable, helpful, articulate and friendly. The same cannot be said for Sainsbury's where it is commonplace for the staff to be rude, unhelpful etc. A year ago, I saw a young man in his early twenties stealing a few bootles of vodka and walked straight through the front door without paying. I followed him and saw him drop the bottles of in Allen Court. I promptly returned the bottles and informed the manager. The manager just laughed it off and said he was not bothered by a few bottles of vodka going missing and then went back to chatting on his mobile. In other words, I got no thanks and was not even asked for a description of the thief. Apart from Sainsbury's is a hole. The aisles are narrow, over crowded and often blocked by staff and customers chatting. All in all, it is a stressful experience!!!!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger The Cockerel said...

More people should start using M&S. I have seen people queueing for ages, in Sainsbury's, on a Sunday just to buy milk!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger alanfrombrockham said...

Indeed it is open Sundays, and usually pretty dead. Glad you like the staff, I spent my Christmas holidays working there! And we take all shoplifting seriously, in fact we have great fun following and then catching them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home