The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Years Eve - No Ticket Required

If you are single and you don't have a massive house to entertain friends I believe the best way to spend New Years Eve is in a local pub.

As far as I know, this year, most of the pubs in Dorking did not require tickets which was great. Arty P's did, although, I think, they did state that they would be offering a glass of champagne at midnight and buffet food. I never liked the ticket idea as it always seemed a wrong to pay fifty pounds to spend a night in a pub. It was always marketed that you can drink and eat what you like - but really, drink fifty pounds of booze?

I ended up in the Kings Arms. Only two pounds to get in (proceeds going to charity). Music provided by something like Radio Mercury, which sounds like a nightmare but actually works rather well. I must say that I didn't get too drunk and felt better on New Years Day than I have for years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home