The Dorking Blog

News and Views from the market town of Dorking, Surrey.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Kings Arms finally succumbs!

Last Saturday night the Kings Arms was, at last, open late. It was quite busy with a lively atmosphere. There was a gorgeous girl propped up at the bar, but thats another story. We stayed in there until about 11.35 then went over to the road to the Old House. That was a bit quieter than the previous two weekends but still really heaving!

One thing I have noticed is that the pubs are much more sociable than they used to be, probably because everyone is taking advantage of the extra drinking time and also falling into the Christmas atmosphere. I am sure there will be a few embarrassing mistakes made by many people over the coming weeks!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger alanfrombrockham said...

Have you any idea which of the many pubs in Dorking ar open late? I'm heading out next Tuesday and have no idea if anything will stay open on a weeknight and don't fancy checking all 18 or so! cheers.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger The Cockerel said...

Sorry for the delay in replying, I just spotted your post.

I am not sure about pubs opening hours on a weeknight. I know that most of them have extended licenses from Thursday through to Monday. It might well be the same on other nights, especially in the Christmas period.

On any night I would always try out the Star, Old House or Arty P's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home