The Malthouse, Dorking
I quickly browsed the Dorking Advertiser today and read that there seems to be some confusion over the Malthouse' extended opening hours application. I don't know yet what it is about but of all the pubs in Dorking I am only against this one going through. The pub has been badly run for years and is full of underage drinkers.
It is located in a bottleneck residential area and has loud music at weekends and on certain nights in the week.
I used to worry that most of the clientele would filter into the other pubs, if it were closed but realistically most of them wouldn't let them in.


2 Comments:
You were right! Whilst it is not closed, it may as well be, and all those "riff raff" have filtered into other establishments!
The people should not have condemned it!
"Badly run for years"
To date that pub was the most sucessful of all the pubs in town.
Within its chain it was the top pub on its area (20 pubs), it was 3rd in the company (250 pubs).
It had the busiest per/staff bar of the whole company several thousand pubs)
Full of underage, that is your opinion as someone who I imagine still looks in the mirror and thinks he is 21.
18-21yrs look younger now that before.
I am not nieve to say that there was never a single person underage in that pub, however every measure was taken to ensure that didn“t happen. You will find proportionally in any other pub at that time, more underage drinkers. Simply the Malthouse at that time was the only pub that could afford to turn away business.
I wish people would refrain from commenting on things they know little or nothing about as it could be considered slanderous. I am sure you not suggesting you can prove such a statement?
Look whats happened now, as a result of that establishment being refused its license. You reap what you sow!
LMAO.
Post a Comment
<< Home