South Street incident - update
It is sad to hear that the woman who was struck by a car in South Street has died.
I am not sure of the circumstances but this sort of thing is very sad, especially at this time of year. My thoughts go out to any of her family.


6 Comments:
I agree with Chris' comments on the previous thread about drivers showing no consideration when parking. Today (Friday) i walked all the way along from West street to the far end of the high street and saw people parked on single yellows, double yellows, and even one car parked on the zigzags of the pedestrian crossing. To make matters worse, there were vehicles parked on both sides of the road, which means traffic can only flow in one direction at a time. This is ridiculous and snarls up the whole town. Traffic wardens get a hard time, but I would fully support an instant ticket for all of these idiots.
Dougie
According to various local websites, the lady was in her late eighties from the Dorking area. I agree with Dougie and Chris' comments the nerve of some of these drivers who block junctions, abandon their cars to get cash out, get some fags or grab a greasy kebab and have no regard for other drivers' and pedestrians is mindboggling. Thankfully the police were out in force on Saturday (all TWO of them...), ticketing drivers' who were ignoring the highway code when it comes to parking and were seen pounding the beat like the good ole days... Why cannot this be the norm for the police???
M8 - I got nicked by one of your idiotic coppers. Yeah I parked up on the high street and decided to do what I do normally - went to get some fags, went for a pint, got some kfc and there was a copper standing over my car telling me he was goin to give me a ticket. I protested but he still stuck in on my window. What a tosser. There is nuffin wrong with parking as the streets are wide enough. M8 are the police just becoming glorified traffic wardens.?. Pete
pete. I really hope you are being satirical. The town is blighted by people who think restrictions shouldn't apply to them. At all times of day and evening people park on both sides if the road between boots and pump corner so that the traffic cannot flow in both directions at once.
Even down at kfc the traffic is slowed by people buying their rat burgers.
Totally agree that the town is gridlocked usually because of the inconsiderate morons who feel it is their god given right to park in the narrowest parts of the town to stock up on booze, cigarettes and fast food! They are usually the same 'people' (I use the term with great hesitation) who park opposite the lorries who make the essential deliveries to the shops in the town. Inconsiderate parking causes a great deal of road rage and stops the traffic from flowing in Dorking. In other words, a lot of drivers bypass the town because of the gridlocked traffic and this cannot be good for business in the town? Jo
I am sorry but to blame me for the traffic woes and the downturn in business is really scraping the barrel. How about the real idiots at surrey county council who installed the pointless traffic lights.?.. To blame me for the congestion is an absolute joke. As for people complaining about people parking in the town - remember there no restrictions after 6pm and even better..no traffic wardens either..so I am free to get my juicy, finger lickin' good kfc whenever I want. How about banning the lorries (like the ones who deliver flowers etc) from the centre of town as they are responsible for 99% of the aggro.!..Pete
Post a Comment
<< Home